It’s not everyday that I have a guest on The School of Greatness who has a superhero name.
But today’s does.
The Iceman aka Wim Hof is an absolute legend in the world of endurance sports, science, health, and mindfulness.
I’ve been hearing about his absolutely incredible records of being outside in the extreme cold for years (he currently holds 26 world records).
But it wasn’t until he came by the studio for an interview that I got to experience the full wisdom and impact of Wim.
First, he put me through an intense and powerful breathing exercise that released all the stress from my body and mind.
Then, shortly after the interview started, he put me through another one.
We got deep into the science of what Wim has discovered through his own experimentation with pushing his body and mind physically.
And in case you’re wondering — Wim is not a special case. He has taught hundreds of other people to do what he does.
Even if you just listen to hear the 4 minute stress release breathing technique Wim teaches in this interview, I know you’ll get a powerful new perspective on your health and physical limits in Episode 398.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How often do you practice your breathing strategies? (11:21)
- What can someone who is always stressed do every day to get calm? (12:41)
- Was there ever a time in your life where you lost belief in yourself? (33:44)
- Do you face fear now in any part of your life? (37:06)
- Why don’t we teach how to overcome fear in school? (40:18)
- Do you ever get sick? (44:12)
- Do you think we can reverse disease with mindset alone? (1:09:40)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How breathing exercises physiologically help ills like anxiety and depression (12:01)
- How stress is related to chemistry in our bodies (25:35)
- What Wim learned from a near death experience (35:01)
- What uncontrolled stress does to your body (and how to avoid this) (1:01:29)
- Why Wim uses cold to increase health and endurance (1:04:07)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Thrive and their amazing market of healthy food and lifestyle products at amazing prices. Get 1 month free membership and a free product by clicking the link below:
- Music Credit: Joyride by Aarre & Kedam
You may also like these episodes:
- The Power of Breathing to Get In the Zone with Laird Hamilton
- Lissa Rankin: How to Heal Yourself with the Power of Your Mind
- Carl Paoli: The Key to Success in CrossFit, Freestyle Movement and Human Performance
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Not much to say but wow. What excuses have been holding YOU back from the extraordinary?