Facing your fears can be one the hardest thing to do.
It’s that fear that holds us back from taking massive action to go after our dreams.
For many, it’s easier to sit on the couch and do what the world tells you to do.
However, this podcast is for those seeking to make a dent, and this specific episode of the The School of Greatness is for those who don’t know where to begin.
To conquer fear, the most important thing is to Punch Fear in the Face and START!
Putting things in motion is one of the keys to figuring out your purpose and becoming awesome. So it’s with great pleasure that I introduce today’s guest, and New York Times best selling author, Jon Acuff.
The School of Greatness Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why fear of success is grossly underrated
- The truth that “…in our culture we like to see people win and then we like to tear them down.”
- Why the barrier to entry is so low right now
- The biggest fear Jon had to overcome on the path to Greatness.
- That there are two roads in life, the road to Awesome and to Average and why deciding is the biggest challenge
- What a Life List is and how making one improves focus
- What is holding creators back from doing exactly what they want
- How purpose is attracted to motion
- The importance of starting
- That taking action (getting started) was so important in my life
- The Five Different Lands to cross on your road to mastery
- Exploration – Discovering what Your Purpose is
- Editing – Eliminating the Stuff you Don’t Need
- Mastery – Becoming World Class
- Harvesting – Succeeding with these skills
- Guiding – Helping others to get there
- Why the path to greatness no longer age dependent.
- Advice for entrepreneurs in dealing with haters
- How to Identify Critic Math: 1 insult + 1000 compliments = 1 insult
- The power of focusing on people who like what you do, into people who love what you do
- Why inspiration without instruction is USELESS
- Effectively dealing with constructive & negative feedback
- Why enough isn’t good and how to identify better goals
- That you’ve got to love your work to do great things
- The difference between viral and vital
- How the New Bulletin, “Jon’s readers raised $30,000 in 18 hours,” was misleading. It takes 18 months!
- That leadership means going first; honestly and bravely
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out the New Book Trailer
- Herb Kelleher – Dealing with haters: “We will miss you.“
- Connect with Jon Acuff:
- Get $25 off general admission | Coupon Code: LewisHowes
- Event Date and Location: September 13-14 in Nashville, Tennessee
- Sponsor Onnit and products: Shroomtech, Alpha Brain Hemp Force
- Fan of the week, @HipandHealthUK and their Instagram
- Music Credit: Silver Scrapes by Chronic Crew
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Jon mentioned his Life List in this episode. What’s yours? Let’s get started here and move the ball rolling. In the comments section below write down your top three answers to this question:
“If I died today, what would I regret not doing?”
Then ask yourself:
“Are these the things I’m investing time and energy into, right now?” If you are, GREAT! If not, what’s holding you back? It’s time to start living today!