Here’s a great story for you:
A young college guy in Brooklyn hustles his way into getting a record deal with a major label in LA by finding a cassette of a well known rapper left behind in a recording studio.
Then he starts a company that writes the jingles for major NFL teams that go viral in the 90s.
He gets a private jet company to go into business with him at age 27.
Fast forward a few years and he wears Spanx to run the NYC marathon and meets his future wife, the woman Forbes names as the Top Self Made Woman in America.
But that’s not enough.
After running a 100 mile race with his friends, he meets a Navy SEAL who inspires him so much that he invites him to live with he and his family for a month and train him personally.
And then he writes a book about it.
He’s also a founding partner in Zico Coconut Water and co-owner of the NBA team the Atlanta Hawks.
Yes, this is a true story about one man, our guest today on The School of Greatness.
Jesse Itzler is no doubt one of the most fascinating entrepreneurs and athletes I’ve ever met and I loved every second of our interview.
He shared all of his best habits and business advice with me and he explained how important family is to everything he does.
I wanted to know how he pulled off all of his extraordinary accomplishments, but I also wanted to know what drives him to do more.
I learned this and much more in Episode 300 with the incredible and inspiring Jesse Itzler.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What was the point of having a Navy SEAL living with you?
- Do you need to switch up your habits and routines every so often?
- How did you decide who to marry?
- What keeps you motivated to pursue more success after you’ve already achieved so much?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The trick Jesse pulled to get a rap deal from a major record label when no one knew who he was
- How he got a private jet company to pick up his idea at 27 years old
- What incredibly profitable business idea he got from running a 100 mile race for charity
- Why Jesse needed a big push to go to the next level even though he was successful (from comfortable to extraordinary)
- When your brain tells you you’re done, you’re really only 40% done
- How to take back control of your time
- What Jesse does to make time for himself
- Why breaking a habit is so hard (and how to get through it)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet
- David Goggins
- Fit for Life
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: New Colors by Ampyx & SANDR
You may also like these episodes:
- Rich Roll: From Fast Food King to Vegan Ultra-Athlete
- The Power of Breathing to Get In the Zone with Laird Hamilton
- How to Overcome Obstacles and Achieve Peak Performance Like a Spartan
Did you enjoy the podcast?
What would your life be like if you had the mindset of a Navy SEAL? What could you accomplish in a day?
“One of the best parts of success is that you get to spoil your family and friends.”
let us know your thoughts