700 different musical numbers in six years.
17 hour days dancing and singing.
5 am call times on Monday mornings.
10 month long seasons.
Maybe not, but maybe it does.
If you’re a fan of musicals, dancing, singing, or the combo of all of that – the hit TV show Glee – get ready to GLEEK OUT!
That’s right, actress Jenna Ushkowitz is on The School of Greatness today, and I had a blast grilling her with behind the scenes questions about my favorite TV show.
Jenna played the character of Tina on Glee and in case you didn’t know, I am a massive Glee fan.
So of course I had to interview her.
But not just because I am obsessed with the show.
I know it takes massive work ethic, mental strength, hustle, and dedication to make it on a show like that, not to mention keeping at it for a six season run.
Jenna shared amazing insights into how such a big cast worked as a team week after week, how they supported each other, and how she pursued her other big interests while shooting on such an intense schedule.
Whether or not you’re a fan of the show, or musicals in general, I know you’ll appreciate Jenna’s optimism, insight, and inspiration in Episode 306.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How was the dynamic of the cast and crew? (19:33)
- What are some good tips to prep for getting on stage? (32:56)
- How do you get into a cool, confident mindset when you really need a job? (35:09)
- What was it like to be become famous and recognizable on the street? (44:45)
- How have you stayed so grounded? (54:16)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Jenna describes a “typical Glee day” on set (5:02)
- The story of Jenna getting cast on Glee (7:36)
- The ridiculous number of takes it took the cast to do the original Don’t Stop Believing recording (12:59)
- How Jenna figured out how to manage her time once Glee ended (17:59)
- What maintaining a dating relationship looks like while shooting such a busy show (18:54)
- The most memorable scene Jenna remembers shooting (21:31)
- The amazing story of why Jenna and her best friend started an adoption foundation (26:38)
- What it was like to be on a Broadway show as a kid (31:50)
- The experience of having a leading cast member pass during the show (48:54)
- How Jenna handles rejection today, even after her big successes (58:55)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You
- AJ Jacobs
- Jenna’s podcast – Infinite Positivities
- Kindred Adoption
- Kyle Maynard
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Opening Night by Jason Farnham
You may also like these episodes:
- Julianne Hough on Finding Your Passion and Following Your Purpose
- From Dancing on Broadway to Hollywood Success with Alexis Carra
- Todrick Hall: From Broadway to MTV, Making Your Dreams a Reality
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Wow, any other Gleeks out there that loved this interview as much as I did?
let us know your thoughts