A couple of years ago, I sat down with my older brother Chris during Christmas and we recorded an epic podcast episode.
In fact, it was so long, I split it into two episodes.
Chris told the incredible story of how he learned jazz violin, got sent to prison for 4 years, and came out a better violinist and person as a result.
If you haven’t checked out that story, I’ve linked up both episodes below in the show notes.
But this time around, we sat down the week of Thanksgiving, the night before we are doing an event together in Charlotte, NC for my book and his new album.
I asked Chris what it’s like to have an artist’s mind, how he makes money doing what he loves, and how to navigate the ups and downs of creativity.
Here are his answers plus some awesome music he plays for you right on the show.
Take a dive into the artist’s mind with Christian Howes in Episode 257.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Do you think everyone is an artist?
- Why do some really talented artists have a challenge making money?
- What are most artists thinking about day to day?
- What’s the greatest downside to being an artist?
- What do all artists want at the end of the day?
- What’s the process for creating a song?
- What are the 4 principles an artist should follow to make money making meaningful art?
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Pick up Chris’s new album, American Spirit
- Check out the final book tour stops (including one with Chris!) HERE
- FOLLOW CHRIS
THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK MAKES A GREAT GIFT! GET COPIES AT HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM
- Music Credit: Christian Howes
You may also like these episodes:
- What 4 Years in Prison Taught Me About the Human Spirit
- Life After Prison: Journey to Becoming the World’s Best Jazz Violinist
- What a Musical Genius Can Tell You About Creativity and Chasing Your Dreams with CJ Baran
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Do you consider yourself an artist? What do you make?