It’s rare to find someone as successful and powerful as Tim Storey who grew up in Compton, CA with no money and few prospects in life.
But as Tim puts it, he always knew he was meant to have a big impact in the world.
So he didn’t waste any time.
Tim went right to studying at seminary when he finished school and by the time he was 25, he was preaching to 85,000 people at a time.
But he didn’t stop there.
He went on to become the coach for many A list celebrities, growing a network and influence that has led him to partner with Oprah frequently.
When he came by The School of Greatness, I was immediately impressed with how he showed up and represented himself.
So I wanted to know how he cultivated that mindset.
We got into that and much more as Tim gave me nugget after nugget of solid gold wisdom that he has cultivated through the years.
No matter where you’re at in your life, what challenges you have faced, or how powerless you feel, get ready to take your power back in Episode 305 with Tim Storey.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What’s a healing process someone can go through who has lost a parent? (8:34)
- What’s the best way to move through fear? (14:41)
- What’s missing in your life? (24:58)
- Why do people minimize their expectations? (29:22)
- How powerful is forgiveness for yourself? (40:10)
- How do you guide someone through finding their purpose? (46:27)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Tim is always early (2:42)
- His view on why taking responsibility for your life is essential (4:12)
- How Tim’s father passing away when he was 10 impacted him (8:01)
- The connection between posture and volume when you are grieving (12:08)
- Why fear affects even the most successful people (13:09)
- How Tim grounds himself before meeting up with someone (20:06)
- The definition of meditation according to Tim (20:43)
- Why Tim runs or walks first thing every single morning no matter how he feels (22:52)
- How to get your shout back (34:16)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Alive by Itro & Kontinuum
You may also like these episodes:
- Rob Bell on Life’s Meaning and Interpreting Faith
- The Shocking Truth About Religion, Spirituality, and Faith (and Why We Should Care)
- Open Your Mind and Move the World with Prince Ea
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Tim is amazing at putting complicated, hard things in a simple, clear perspective. What are you thinking differently about now?