Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
If you haven’t gotten pumped about next year yet, today’s episode of The School of Greatness is going to change that.
I am a BIG believer in goals.
And if you’ve been listening to the podcast lately, you know I’ve been on a goal-setting kick (and talking about it).
So I wanted to interview an expert on goals and how to best achieve them.
There’s no better person than today’s guest, Michael Hyatt.
I met Michael a few years back at an Inc. mastermind and have been following him ever since.
Not only is he one of the nicest, most graceful and open-hearted guys I know, he is an extremely successful blogger and coach who has a massive following (and at least one NYT best-seller).
What I really loved about our interview, however, was when we started talking about the why behind our goals.
Michael was gracious enough to open up about his own struggles with finding the right balance between drive and happiness. We discuss his marriage, his difficult upbringing, and how he is still learning to balance success with family life.
Whether you’re a seasoned goal-setter or a novice who has only failed up til now, Episode 113 is made for you.
Join Michael Hyatt and I in learning the secrets behind what makes a goal into a reality and how you can set up 2015 to be your best year ever.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why is it so challenging to stay consistent with our vision from the beginning of the year through to the end?
- How do we create a process to keep our goals visible to us?
- How do we stay on track and how do we know when to shift our goals?
- Can you have too many goals? And how does that affect your momentum?
- Are people more afraid of the responsibility of achieving their goals or not achieving them?
- Is it important to express gratitude in order to achieve your goals?
In This Episode, You Will Discover:
- The important role of truth-tellers in our lives to keep us in balance (usually the people closest to us)
- The story of how he sent his wife to therapy when he was the one who needed to change (and did)
- The effect of his alcoholic father on his own aspirations for success
- Why you need to complete the past before starting on new goals
- How to connect each of your goals to your why
- Derek Sivers’ TED talk about goals
- We can only really manage 7 – 10 goals at a time – so don’t set more until you achieve some
- When we set a goal, it means that the status quo is no longer acceptable
- The most important ingredient for achieving goals is to write it down
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever (donwnload the free videos, they rock!)
- The Alchemist
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
- Follow Michael
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you do something great. 🙂
- Music Credit: Joyride by SteLouse
You may also like these episodes:
- The Power of Clarity – 5 Steps to Achieving Any Goal
- How to Envision and Achieve Your Dreams (with Transformation Coach Chris Lee)
- Bob Harper: Host of the Biggest Loser Discusses Habits and Success
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Hopefully this episode let you take your mind off the busyness of the holidays and focus on a successful new year. There’s no better way to set yourself up for an amazing year ahead than practicing gratitude and creating clarity for your vision. If you were impacted by this episode, let others know by leaving an iTunes Review. What I want to hear in the comments is what your goals are for the coming year!