Imagine this —
You form a band with your best friends in high school and start making music.
But then when high school ends you commit to each other to really go for it.
And you make it. BIG.
You play the hottest clubs in Vegas. You tour the world with thousands of screaming fans coming to your shows. You’re being paid to do what you love most.
But then really hard stuff happens. Your band loses a member. People say awful things about you on the internet. You get into a lawsuit.
What do you do then?
That’s just one of the topics we get into on this amazing episode of The School of Greatness.
I met the sisters Jahan and Yasmine Yousaf, the rock duo known as Krewella, a few months ago and immediately knew they had to come on the podcast.
Not just because I was obsessed with one of their songs while writing my book, but because their energy was amazing and I knew they had a lot of wisdom to share.
I was not wrong and they came to the studio last week to record an episode.
We talked a lot about family (no surprise, this is huge for them), staying grounded, enjoying the present, and fighting fear and self-doubt.
No matter if you’re into their music or not, you will learn a lot about what true success looks like in Episode 355 with Krewella.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How many tattoos do you each both have? (23:14)
- How did you two emotionally handle the break up of your band? (25:10)
- What’s your workout of choice? (34:26)
- Do you think you can achieve the dreams you want in your musical careers and have enough energy for the rest of your life? (35:00)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why people don’t see the arts as a legitimate career (14:05)
- The careers that Jahan and Yasmine wanted to pursue before they did music ( 21:32)
- Their top fears as their success grows (32:45
- How to find peace of mind when so much is going on (38:25)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Alive, acoustic version
- Adam In-Q
- The Gargoyle
- Ryan Holiday
- I Am Malala
- Twenty One Pilots
- Check out Bench, bookkeeping done for you, and get 20% off your first 6 months at https://bench.co/greatness
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Pistol & Cutlass by Wontolla
You may also like these episodes:
- Influence, Impact, and Legacy: Inside the Mind of Music Legend Scooter Braun
- Taye Diggs: Manage Your Ego by Living In Gratitude
- What a Musical Genius Can Teach You About Creativity and Chasing Your Dreams with CJ Baran
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Wow. what a fun interview. What surprised you about Yasmine and Jahan?