When I run into the same awesome person a couple times in a row, I take it as a sign that I need to get them on The School of Greatness.
This is what happened with today’s guest. I had a friend who offered to introduce me to the amazing actor and Broadway star Taye Diggs, but when I ran into him twice in a week, I knew it was time.
I’m so glad I got him on the show because he has a wealth of experience and insight to share.
Taye discussed how he has learned to manage the ups and downs of the acting industry from a young age. He goes into managing his ego, practicing gratitude, and pushing himself out of his comfort zone even though he’s achieved success.
We also discuss what it takes to maintain a healthy intimate relationship between two driven, successful people and what he has learned from being a parent.
Taye is a talented man in many ways, but I was especially impressed with his dedication to helping others and his vulnerability.
I’m excited for you to hear his wisdom in Episode 342.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Who do you think is the most courageous actor right now? (7:31)
- If you could only sing, dance OR act for the rest of your career, what would you choose? (10:57)
- What’s the most challenging part of the business for you? (21:21)
- How do you practice self-love without feeding your ego? (26:26)
- What holds back young actors and what should they be focusing on? (33:07)
- What was it like working with Shonda Rhimes? (36:27)
- How do you prep for really big moments on stage or in film? (43:31)
- What’s the quickest way for you to get in the zone? (49:44)
- How did you maintain a quality intimate relationship with a fellow actor who was up to big things? (52:44)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How getting outside your comfort zone is like flexing a muscle (6:02)
- Taye’s viewpoint on African-American actors in Hollywood (24:48)
- The value of experiencing friction in life (35:13)
- Taye’s tips for fixing a mistake you make on stage (48:15)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Denzel Washington
- Chadwick Boseman
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back
- Anthony Mackie
- Private Practice
- Chocolate Me
- Mixed Me
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: The Adventure by Ghost’n’Ghost
You may also like these episodes:
- Rainn Wilson on Acting, Spirituality, and Living Your Purpose
- Jenna Ushkowitz on Hacking Hollywood and Pursuing Your Dreams
- Todrick Hall: From Broadway to MTV, Making Your Dreams a Reality
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I loved Taye’s honesty and humility. What did you learn from him?