I love making new friends on Twitter who are doing amazing things.
Yes, Twitter is still good for some things 🙂
This is how I became friends with today’s guest on The School of Greatness – actor Ravi Patel.
You probably recognize him from his many TV roles, like on Scrubs, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, or Master of None.
But more likely, you’ve heard of him because he did something very courageous and made a real-life documentary about his own life – specifically about his love life – that has become a hit at film festivals and Netflix.
Meet the Patels is the film Ravi and his sister Geeta spent over 5 years making, documenting Ravi’s struggle with finding what he really wanted in love between his Indian culture, his American upbringing, and his own heart.
It’s an amazing movie (that I watched before ever meeting Ravi) and I recommend it to everyone.
So when we finally sat down for a podcast interview, I had a ton of questions for Ravi about how he managed that chapter of his life, how he found the guts to share the story, and what he has learned about himself and love since then.
We cover all of that (and many funny stories Ravi tells along the way) in Episode 349.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why do we fight with the people we love? (33:53)
- What’s the biggest lesson you still think you need to learn about yourself? (56:21)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How making a good marriage is like making a good movie (8:58)
- The struggle of working on your craft while not psyching yourself out (18:45)
- The difference between acting and other arts (22:07)
- How many years it actually took to edit Meet the Patels (27:24)
- The 3 things marriages need to succeed (40:17)
- Why it’s so hard to keep focused on your vision (58:15)
- The biggest primal need (for men & women) (1:04:46)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Bench, bookkeeping done for you, and get 20% off your first 6 months at https://bench.co/greatness
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Radiance by ZEIDON
You may also like these episodes:
- Rainn Wilson on Acting, Spirituality, and Living Your Purpose
- Love Louder and Deepen Relationships with Preston Smiles
- Esther Perel on Sexual Desire and Successful Relationships in the Modern World
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Do you agree with Ravi? Do you fight the most with the people you love?