WOW, you’re in for something special on The School of Greatness today.
Years ago, when the podcast was still pretty new, I made an amazing friend, the one and only Glennon Doyle Melton.
She is the super popular blogger, author, and speaker behind the Momastery brand.
She changed my life by giving me the courage to share my own story of being raped as a kid.
So much healing and love has come into my life since then, and Glennon and I are still good friends.
She has been on her own journey over the past couple of years to live courageously in love.
I am so inspired by everything she has gone through and the work she does that changes lives everyday through sharing her story.
She just wrote a new book that releases this week called Love Warrior. It’s a must read for everyone.
We recorded this conversation a few months ago when she was in town and now I’m so excited to share it with you in Episode 376.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What has been the most painful experience in your marriage? (1:46)
- Is pain a choice we make or is it necessary for us to experience in order for us to grow? (9:52)
- What does it mean to you to show up? (20:53)
- How do you know where to put up boundaries in a relationship with an addict? (24:24)
- What’s the thing you admire about your sister the most? (38:10)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why marriages only work when both people are 100% committed (7:15)
- The purpose of pain (12:01)
- What envy reveals to us about ourselves (14:02)
- What athletics have taught me about pain (15:50)
- Why love does not cure addiction (26:40)
- How struggles with intimacy are tied to body image (28:30)
- How men and women interpret and give love differently (30:15)
- How to deal with a vulnerability hangover (46:29)
- Why the way our society teaches us about males and females makes it nearly impossible to love each other (53:13)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHICH CELEBRITY ENTREPRENEUR YOU ARE MOST LIKE? CLICK HERE
JOIN ME SEPT 29 – OCT 1 FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Move On by Steam Phunk
You may also like these episodes:
- Rob Bell on Marriage and Staying True to Yourself
- How to Overcome Addictions and Be Courageously Vulnerable with Glennon Melton
- What Sharing My Childhood Rape Taught Me About Being a Loving, Vulnerable, Free Man
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Glennon IS a love warrior. How are you going to love bigger today?