Transition can suck at times.
You may lose your job, end a relationship, someone passes away, parents divorce, you move to new city to start over, get injured, etc.
This may leave you on your sister’s couch feeling miserable and hopeless.
I’ve been there.
On my book tour I’ve often been asked, “How did you get off the couch and get to where you are now?”
So many people want the results now. Little do they know this has been an 8 year journey for me. I couldn’t speak in front of people, I didn’t have any tools or skills, I wasn’t confident, and I had no clue how to make an income for myself, let alone afford my own apartment.
But I did get off the couch. I did make my dreams a reality.
So when you feel stuck, I’m sharing my top ways to get off the couch in Episode 258.
The School of Greatness Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
The Top 10 Ways to Get Off the Couch
- Get up to the mirror, look yourself in the eyes and say, “Enough is enough … I’m going to make something of myself, and I’m sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.” Write down in a journal who you are and what you stand for and why it’s important for you to get off the couch.
- Make a list of 10 things you love doing that make you the happiest when you do them.
- Commit to 60 mins a day of working out in the morning.
- Write a list of the 5 things that scare you the most.
- Tackle the top 3 things that scare you so you master them.
- Write down a vision for yourself for 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- Find a mentor who has already achieved those visions and ask them to give you a challenge with coaching.
- Do something in the first 30 days to give back, give gratitude, and give to yourself.
- Feed your mind with books, podcasts, and inspiring videos.
- Chart your results nightly for what you created and check in every week to see what’s been working and what has been holding you back. Repeat.
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- See the final book tour stops and register for a ticket to the Austin or San Diego events HERE
- Check out Trim and their awesome shirts for fit men. Use the code greatness20 to get 20% off your next order:
ORDER THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK AT HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM (OR BUY AT BARNES & NOBLE)
- Music Credit: Redeem Yourself by SweetnSick
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Are you in a similar situation right now? What is the first thing you are going to do to take a step forward?