You’re in the middle of a room with 5,000 people staring at you waiting for you to speak.
What’s coming up for you?
Are you shaky, nervous and unsure of yourself?
Are you prepared, alive and ready to leave the audience inspired?
Everyone starts out in life afraid of public speaking (at least I know I did). But we all know that the ability to leave audiences moved to take action is an important trait to influencing the world in a way that cultivates our visions.
This episode of the School of Greatness is all about learning how develop this ability to leave audiences moved and feeling empowered. Our next guest has studied the skill of public speaking intensively for years and is one of the leaders in the topic of how to speak to leave audiences breathless.
Welcome to episode 70 with Carmine Gallo.
The School of Greatness Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to become a better public speaker
- About the 9 public speaking secrets that great communicators share
- Elements of business story telling and inspiring communication
- The story behind the question, “What makes your heart sing?”
- How to be amazing during job interviews and get high level positions
- The key questions to ask yourself when you want to inspire others
- Why story telling is the ultimate tool of persuasion
- Lessons on the 3 persuasion techniques from Aristotle:
- Pathos – Storytelling
- Logos – Data
- Ethos – Credibility
- The types of stories that are most effective and how to use them to persuade
- Exploring the power of a natural and authentic rate of speech
- Understanding the power sphere and implementing it in your speech
- How to overcome the fear of public speaking and overcome nerves
- Elements to create a viral TEDx speech
- The components of great speeches: Emotional, Novel & Memorable
- Staying in Your Lane – Oprah’s secret to success
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Order a copy of Talk Like Ted
- Learn more about Sheryl Sandberg | TED Talk | Book | Lean In
- Learn more about Bryan Stevenson | TED Talk
- Watch the viral speech by Admiral William H. McRaven
- Connect with Carmine Gallo:
- Create a profitable e-mail list this month with a free trial of Heyo
- Music Credit: Crunch by Igor Graphite
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I hope you enjoyed this episode on public speaking, and if you did please share it on Twitter or Facebook with your friends.
Are you nervous when you speak or do you find yourself excited to share every time you hit the stage? Share in the comments section below how you feel right before you take the stage and what you do to overcome stage freight. Also, what makes your heart sing? 🙂 Post in the comments below!