We’ve had some really inspiring guests on The School of Greatness. In fact, I think it’s safe to say every guest is incredible – that’s why they’re on the show.
But today’s guest is a cut above the rest.
She not only has won world championships and an Olympic bronze medal, she’s made it to the finale on Dancing with the Stars, is a NYT bestselling author, has founded an incredible non-profit, gave a TED talk that has millions of views, and toured the country with Oprah.
Oh, and she is a double leg amputee as well.
Amy Purdy is an incredible woman who has weathered some of the hardest challenges in life – including a near death experience at the age of 19 – which shaped her into the amazing inspiration she is today.
We dive into the entire story of how she lost her legs, what it took to get back into snowboarding, how she has created such incredible things since then, and her perspective on the good that has come from it.
This is a special episode and Amy and I would both LOVE for you to share it with as many people in your life as you can. This is the message of greatness I am passionate about inspiring others with – let’s do it!
Welcome to the amazing world of limitless possibility with Amy Purdy in Episode 336.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Where do you think you’d be right now if this didn’t happen for you? (24:58)
- What did you think when you woke up from getting your legs amputated? (27:18)
- Why did you decide to go back to the Paralympics in 2018? (1:06:44)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What survival mode really feels like (14:02)
- Amy’s near death vision when she was in her coma (16:05)
- The 3 goals she set for herself going into her amputation surgery (28:30)
- What it was like the first time Amy tried snowboarding with her prosthetic legs (30:39)
- Her experience competing in the first Paralympics that included snowboarding (45:34)
- What Amy learned from being on Dancing with the Stars – and making it to the finale (55:04)
- How she got the chance to go on tour with Oprah (59:05)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Escape by Hang Over
You may also like these episodes:
- Julianne Hough on Finding Your Passion and Following Your Purpose
- Kyle Maynard: The No Excuse Approach to Success
- Sean Stephenson: How to Leave People Breathless
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Well I am beyond inspired after talking with Amy. Who are you going to share her story with?