Welcome to the solo round!
I plan to interview a number of inspiring business minds, world class athletes, and influential celebrities throughout this entire podcast, but today, I’m going in the ring solo.
This is a test to see if both you and I enjoy this format. Perhaps I’ll do more in the future like this if you do so please give me your feedback in the comments below on what you like.
So thank you for visiting us here on episode eight, The Power of Belief.Subscribe on iTunes or on Stitcher Radio
The School of Greatness Podcast
The Power of Belief
I’ll tell you why I want to talk about this topic first:
Growing up, I didn’t have a strong belief in myself. I didn’t have much confidence. I was a tall goofy kid with huge ears, buck teeth, acne, who was uncoordinated and awkward? All I wanted was to fit in so people wouldn’t make fun of me.
Because of this, I didn’t have the confidence or the belief in myself that I wanted. It wasn’t until I really started to put the time and the energy and practice into my sports until I saw different results. The more results I got, the more confidence and belief I gained in myself.
I see so many people go through life, business, and sports with a lack of belief in themselves so I wanted to share with you my theory on this topic.
So what is it the best athletes have in common? Tune into the episode to hear my final conclusion.
8 Ways to Build Confidence and the Power of Belief:
- Start with Gratitude
- The more grateful you are, the better you feel about yourself
- Focus on Posture and Stand Like a Winner
- Condition your belief and confidence in yourself
- Dress Clean
- Have your personality and style, but keep it clean
- Walk With Purpose & Authority
- Living in NYC teaches you this
- Talk With a Purpose
- Own what you say
- Praise Others
- Take the time to help others feel better about themselves
- Value Your Body
- Your body is your temple
- Celebrate Small Wins Like You’ve Won the Super Bowl
- Be happy with where you’re at; strive for more
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- The 2 Qualities that the Best Athletes in the World Have
- What they have in common: certainty
- Belief: Breaking it Down
- Optimal Performance Comes When Performing In the Zone
- Jonathan Edwards and his faith to “block out doubt before I was due to jump”
- How to build confidence in either your faith or yourself
- How to make the decision to change your belief system
- The incredible power of taking action
- The transfer of values learned in sports to business and life
- Plus much more…
Mentioned in the Power of Belief:
- I’ve been playing Handball
- Tim Tebow and his faith in God
- How to Build an Olympic Champion: Be Religious
- The Inner Game of Tennis
- Evander Holyfield and Ben Sterner
- Unleash the Power Within – Tony Robbins
- Onnit CEO: Aubrey Marcus – The Warrior Poet
- Music Credits: Shine by Late Night Alumni (R/D Remix)
- Thanks to Our Sponsor: Onnit - Alpha Brain & Shroom-Tech
- For 10% Off, Use the Coupon Code: GREATNESS
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Let me know your thoughts…
What are some other ways to achieve greatness beyond belief? Do you think that faith (in God or yourself) is the essential quality of a high performer? Or do you think I’m full of crap? Please leave your comments below and let me know what you think.