I love meeting extraordinary people that I wouldn’t have had the chance to meet if it wasn’t for The School of Greatness.
There are so many amazing people doing good things in the world.
But usually they are so busy doing the work they are meant to do that it’s hard to get their time.
Luckily, DeVon Franklin and I found out that we’re neighbors, and we were able to get together for a powerful conversation.
DeVon has done many impressive things in his life so far — produced major Hollywood films, married an incredible actress, become friends with Oprah, preached to thousands, written a NYT bestselling book and more.
But he is one of the humblest, most service-oriented people I’ve met.
I knew he would have powerful insight on how to create success from a different perspective.
And not just in career and relationships – but also in faith.
We got into all kinds of personal topics, including he and his wife’s decision to wait to have sex til they were married and how he has navigated Hollywood from a spiritual foundation.
I loved so much of DeVon’s positive perspective, as well as his incredible work ethic.
I’m excited to share this insightful and uplifting Episode 409 with DeVon Franklin.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why do you think so many Millennials in America don’t have a foundation of faith and service? (8:29)
- Do you know any other peers in Hollywood who waited to have sex before marriage? (26:07)
- Why do you think of your life as a movie? (27:16)
- What’s the most inspiring thing about your wife to you? (39:46)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What DeVon learned from interning for Will Smith when he was in college (1:56)
- Why figuring out your spiritual foundation is essential to happiness no matter how successful you are (11:05)
- Why DeVon and his wife Meagan chose to wait to have sex until they were married (18:40)
- How marriage opens up opportunities that weren’t available before (41:05)
- DeVon’s experience navigating Hollywood as a man of color (47:10)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Dale Partridge
- The Wait
- Meagan Good
- Jumping the Broom
- Produced by Faith
- Miracles from Heaven
- Rob Bell
- Check out Thrive and their amazing market of healthy food and lifestyle products at amazing prices. Get 1 month free membership and a free product by clicking the link below:
- Music Credit: Cloud Ten by Fareoh
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Practice and Understand Faith and Spirituality with Rob Bell
- The Truth About Successful Relationships
- Lisa Nichols on The Key to Abundance and Success
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Wow, I love DeVon’s example. What inspired you about what he said?