Ever wonder how some people get millions of followers on their social media accounts while others can’t seem to get a few hundred?
What are those people doing differently and how do some seem to make it so easy while others work countless hours and still come away with no results?
On this episode of the School of Greatness, we bring the owner of one of the largest private collections of social media followers (over 31 million followers in fact).
Not only has he managed to build a tremendous following via online, he’s also been successful at monetizing them like never before. Welcome to episode 81 with social media expert, Branden Hampton.
The School of Greatness Podcast
“The modern day celebrity is the social media influencer.” (Tweet)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Branden built and monetized one of the largest private social media holdings in the world
- How cross promotion works across different social media niches
- Which social media platform is Branden’s favorite and which is most profitable
“You are not your brand on social media you are your industry” (Tweet)
- The baffling story of how he left his initial mortgage company
- What it’s like to lose it all, then make it back
- The $1,000 Sundrop Soda Instagram photo
- How to change social media usernames on Twitter and Instagram
- About the personality crisis at Twitter
“I realized how much money I could make very quickly. I’ve always been interested in the dynamics of how people work and being able to influence decisions in a positive manner.” (Tweet)
- The secret for building massive followings on social media
- Branden’s process for managing content for more than 50 social accounts
- The future of social media real estate
- The social media mistake that almost everyone makes
- Plus much more…
“You have to create relatable content that applies to the masses.” (Tweet)
The Decisions You Need to Make:
- Who am I as a brand and/or individual?
- What is my goal? Who am I trying to acquire as an audience?
“If you sell wedding rings, your goal is not to talk about wedding rings all day. Your goal is to post wedding videos, your goal is make suggestions on building and writing and managing a wedding checklist, your goal is to talk about EVERYTHING WEDDINGS, EXCEPT FOR RINGS. So now you become a trusted source for information regarding the topic so when it’s time to buy a ring, they come to you.” (Tweet)
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Branden on Social Media
- Learn about Aston Kutcher’s race to a million followers with CNN
- Connect with Brendan at his personal site or on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Doug, Branden’s e-commerce business
Read a great article about his struggles with success and failure
- Onnit = optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Unsaid (Remix) by Big Sandz
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Real talk. How long have you been on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn and have you made any money with either site yet? If so, reply below if it’s been a main source of sales for you. If not, what did you learn in this episode to realize what you can do differently now to grown and monetize your audience? Post in the comments below and share this with your friends online who you think could use help with social media.
“I’m not in the commerce business, I’m just in the eyeball business. I want to influence a large group of people under a bunch of different types of categories.” (Tweet)