Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
I first heard about today’s guest, Baratunde Thurston, while watching a YouTube video in 2009.
I was laughing out loud at his hilarious creation of a Twitter account for the Swine Flu.
We became friends when I lived in New York, and he is finally coming on The School of Greatness in this episode.
Baratunde has done so many cool and interesting things that it’s hard to give him a short introduction.
He is a stand up comedian, a NYT best-selling author, the former digital manager at The Onion, and most recently a TV host.
Beyond that though, Baratunde is deeply aware of the effect of social media in our lives and has followed its evolution from the beginning.
He has also navigated the challenges of countless life transitions through the years and built a powerful platform and presence through them all.
In Episode 120 we talk about a lot of topics, but the connection in our conversation is the power we have to practice mindfulness, love, and presence no matter what forces are around us.
Welcome to a new year and a new perspective with the one and only Baratunde Thurston.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why do you think there are so many shifts in social media?
- What is it that we are trying to do with all these devices and information?
- What do you think would happen if the world shut down technology for 30 days?
- How do you manage transitions in your life well?
- How do you love yourself in the middle of uncertainty?
- How important is self-love when you’re up to big things in the world?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why our current “gold rush” mentality around social media isn’t sustainable
- How ownership of our social media content is important
- About his 25 day fast from social media and what he learned
- How hard it is to technically disconnect from our phones and notifications
- The three kinds of love that combine to form a sweet spot: want, need, and deserve
- How change and uncertainty combined can overwhelm us
- When you are practicing self-care, even if your sales go down, your sense of self doesn’t go down with it
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
- Music Credit: Push It by Eliminate
You may also like these episodes:
Did you enjoy the podcast?
If you’re looking to make some better habits in this new year, think about your relationship with technology. What could you do to improve your mindfulness around social media? Are you up for Baratunde’s 25 day challenge?