Despite being born with no arms or legs, our next guest on The School of Greatness podcast has led a life of staggering accomplishments.
Kyle Maynard has lived his life without excuses, even though he has every right to make them.
Not only is he a remarkable athlete who challenges himself in ways that are almost unimaginable, but he represents the quintessential role model for overcoming challenges and becoming the greatness you seek.
I’m honored to bring you episode #18 with the four foot giant, Kyle Maynard.
The School of Greatness Podcast
“A loss is not a failure until you make an excuse.” – Michael Jordan
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- All about Kyle’s congenital amputation condition
- How Kyle used his unique body in high school football and wrestling
- How Kyle crushed his limiting beliefs and ended up placing top 12 in the nation
- What inspired Kyle to go into a MMA and enter a fully sanctioned fight
- All about his 12.5 day trek to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- How self focus is an essential part of success
- The one thing that is keeping me and Kyle from achieving greatness
- Exploring excuses for poorly managing energy
- How Kyle helps people to identify and stay motivated to make positive change
- What Kyle identifies as the biggest thing that holds people back
- Why Kyle is so motivated to seek his own greatness
- About who inspires Kyle in business, sports and life
- About the inspirational Sargent Travis Mills
- That our perspective is our choice
- “We are most impacted by the 5 people we spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn
- How Kyle went from hating the word, “mentor” to believing in it 100%
- The importance of commitment in achieving your greatness
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- If you’re in Los Angeles stop by Brick CrossFit
- Get your AlphaBrain and ShroomTech from Onnit
- Learn more about US Olympic Team Handball
- Watch Kyle’s MMA fight
- Learn about Sargent Travis Mills: Website - Facebook
- Learn more about Jim Rohn
- Learn more about Ron Shapiro; Kyle’s mentor
- Learn more about the Hero’s Journey
- Music Credits: Over Again by Culture Code ft. Lisa Rowe (T-Mass Remix)
- Connect with Kyle Maynard – Website – Twitter – Facebook - YouTube
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Based on Kyle’s questions from the episode, write your answers in the comments section below.
What is it that you want (in business or life)? What is the number one thing keeping you from achieving it? What step can you take right now to achieving it?
Don’t forget to send Kyle a message on Twitter or Facebook and tell him what you’re working on.