When You Want to Succeed As Bad As You Want to Breathe, Then You’ll Be Successful with Eric Thomas81 comments
Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
If you feel like the obstacles in between you and your greatness are too big to overcome, listen up.
Put yourself in these shoes: your mom gives birth to you at 17, you never meet your father, you drop out of high school, and are homeless as a young man.
But despite this, you go to college (even though it takes you 12 years to get through your degree), then you build your own business, become a world-class speaker, and finish your PhD at age 44.
Yes, this is a true story, and today’s guest on The School of Greatness is the main character.
Eric Thomas, aka the Hip Hop Preacher, is a true example of greatness in action.
You may have heard his voice on a YouTube video giving a now world-famous speech with the line, “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.”
We cover a lot including his thoughts on education, the power of executing your plans, how mentors influence your path, and the potential of hard work and focus.
Welcome to Episode 121 with Hip Hop Preacher Eric Thomas.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why is accountability so important to you?
- Why are you so committed to excellence and greatness in your own life?
- How important is having mentors and coaches throughout your life?
- What are 3 big mistakes entrepreneurs make?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The difference between degrees and education
- How purpose can help you find your passion
- Our gifts and talents do not perfect and hone themselves (we have to do this!)
- In every 24 hours, we can either break our life or make our life
- Why he gets up at 3 am every day
“Innovation is rewarded. Execution is worshipped.” – Dan Gilbert
- How he sets up boundaries for his work time
- Why your content will be stronger if you disconnect from all distractions daily
- How execution is the heart of your business – if it stops, your business dies
- The story behind why his son graduating from high school is his greatest accomplishment
- Why most companies don’t make it past 3 years
- The power of the discipline to wait
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Avenger (Original Mix) by Alpha Noize
You may also like these episodes:
- Josh Shipp: How to Build an Empire of Impact
- James Altucher: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream
- Why Feedback is Key to Your Greatness in Business and Life
Did you enjoy the podcast?
How can you NOT be pumped up after listening to ET? Talking for an hour to a fellow Great was awesome. But what I want to know from you is, what are you willing to do to step into your greatness this year?