Simple Ways to Overcome Stress From Unmet Expectations in Life with Christine Hassler20 comments
It’s a universal truth that emotions can be hard to feel.
But that doesn’t mean you should suppress them. In fact, it’s extremely damaging if you do.
So how do you understand and process emotions in a healthy way? To answer these questions, I brought on one of my favorite relationship experts, Christine Hassler, for Episode 95 of The School of Greatness.
Besides being a premier life coach featured on The Huffington Post, Cosmo, and numerous TV channels, Christine walks her talk when it comes to handling emotions and relationships. She has written several books, and in today’s episode we discuss her new book, Expectation Hangover.
If you’ve ever been in a relationship, you’ll appreciate and learn from my friend and coach Christine Hassler.
The School of Greatness Podcast
“Surrender is one of those sexy spiritual words, but it is HARD.” Click to Tweet
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The role of expectations in searching for Greatness
- Defining an expectation hangover
“The thing about expectations is there is this sense of weighted obligation that comes with the attachment.” Click to Tweet
- A system for being with the pain of a breakup
- The differences between releasing and recycling emotions
- The Three Types of Emotional Hangovers
- A Desired Result Does Not Occur
- A Desired Result Occurs but it Doesn’t Feel the way You Expected
- Unexpected Curve Ball
“I want to take the shame off of disappointment.” Click to Tweet
- Coping strategies – What works and what doesn’t work
- The Four Areas to Address in a Treatment Plan (in order):
Emotional – Mental – Behavioral – Spiritual
“We live very outside in.” Click to Tweet
- How to truly experience emotions
- What it means to “make a date with your feelings”
- What Pendulum Thinking is
“The past life was more based on survival. We’re evolving out of just surviving right now.” Click to Tweet
- Sneaky compensatory strategies and how to shift behavior
- What to do when you find yourself comparing yourself with another
- Defining spirituality and how that connection supports people
“Whatever you’re yearning for from out there, from someone else, is really something you’re looking for inside yourself.”
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Pick up a copy of Expectation Hangover: Overcoming Disappointment in Work, Love, and Life
- Learn more about the University of Santa Monica’s Masters in Spiritual Psychology
- Subscribe to Jordan Harbinger’s Art of Charm Podcast
- Connect with Christine Hassler:
- Music Credit: Parade by INF1N1TE (VIP Mix)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Was this conversation eye-opening to you? Did you see any of your own behaviors or thought processes in what Christine spoke about? Open up and leave a comment below and let me know what you found most interesting.
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
“Most people don’t even realize what their gifts are because they come so naturally.” Click to Tweet