Sometimes I get to meet legends on The School of Greatness.
I’m always inspired by people who are the best at what they do. The ones who break the limits of what has been done before. The ones who are willing to do what it takes to achieve greatness in the thing they are passionate about.
Today’s guest fits all of the above qualities and more.
I had an incredible time meeting and connecting with the legendary extreme action sports champion Travis Pastrana.
If you’ve watched the X Games, Motocross, or Rally Car Racing, you already know who I’m talking about.
But in case you haven’t, he has won medals in all of these sports.
Travis is one of the founding members of the stunt show Nitro Circus, which is a mind-blowing action sports show that has been touring the country for years.
He has been the first to pull off many of the craziest stunts and now focuses on exploring new ones to teach to the upcoming generation of stunt performers.
All of this is very cool (just check out the video of his top 10 stunts below).
But what is even cooler about Travis is how grounded he is in his work. His passion for it. His family.
He has gone through enough pain and loss to turn most people off of this sport. But it only fuels him to keep going. And that is passion I admire.
I can’t wait for you to be inspired by his wisdom and perspective on living the life he loves in Episode 368 with Travis Pastrana.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How do you navigate your career after losing a close friend to this sport? (14:58)
- Was there ever a stunt where you thought you weren’t going to make it? (17:17)
- How do you get past fear to get into flow? (42:25)
- What drives you today? (48:48)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why it’s a big struggle for many extreme action athletes to find a new career if they’re injured (10:55)
- What Travis wants to teach his daughters about career opportunity (15:10)
- Why getting so many injuries and dealing with so much pain is worth it (16:47)
- How Travis talks himself through really crazy stunts (23:45)
- The story behind Travis breaking the world record for the longest car jump (26:20)
- Why the money is never worth it in this sport (38:56)
- The value in messing up while trying something new (43:37)
- What Travis does to unwind daily (44:40)
- How Travis and his wife handle each other’s risk-taking (46:30)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
- Check out Betterment to get up to six months of no fees on automated investing at https://www.betterment.com/greatness
INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHICH CELEBRITY ENTREPRENEUR YOU ARE MOST LIKE? CLICK HERE
JOIN ME SEPT 29 – OCT 1 FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
ENTER THE RAFFLE TO WIN A FREE SUMMIT TICKET BY TAKING THIS LIFESTYLE QUIZ HERE (THIS WEEK ONLY)
- Music Credit: Prismatic by Zythian
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Overcome Fear and Dive Into Flow with Donald Schultz
- The Power of Breathing to Get In the Zone with Laird Hamilton
- The World’s Hottest DJ On Hard Work, Passion, and Living the Life You Want
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Travis is a really inspiring guy. What passion are you re-committing to follow?