Do you know what it feels like to be a world champion and Olympic gold medalist?
Most of us will never make the Olympics, but what if you could LEARN and APPLY this same mindset to your business, career, health and relationships?
If you’re like me, you know it would be a powerful mindset to tap into.
Our next guest is the most recognized name in gymnastics.
She won a gold medal in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, then won the 8th season of Dancing with the Stars and is here to share her champion insights and be your star on the 22nd episode of The School of Greatness.
It’s my pleasure to introduce America’s sweetheart and the very talented Shawn Johnson.
The School of Greatness Podcast
“If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” – Mario Andretti (click to tweet)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Shawn’s focus, intensity & determination during Beijing in 2008
- The story of Shawn’s knee injury in 2010 and how it affected her confidence going forward.
- Whether or not she would take the ski trip back today, if she had the choice
- About Johnson’s belief in passion over talent
- How and when Shawn realized it was time to retire from gymnastics
- Why training half as much as the other gymnasts was the right decision
- About the power of belief in faith over a belief in ones self
- The most important lesson Shawn learned from her coach
- How Shawn interprets failure and success
- What’s next in the life of Shawn Johnson
- The inside story of winning the 8th season of Dancing with the Stars
- How Shawn defines greatness
- Her message to young girls today
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Connect with Shawn: Twitter – Instagram – Website
- Connect with Shawn on Facebook: Public
- Check out Shawn’s book: Winning Balance
- Big Shout Out to @JonnieJensen for his Instagram
- Thanks so much to our sponsor Onnit – Use the code: GREATNESS and save 10% off your purchase.
- Alpha Brain – Great for focus during busy times
- ShroomTech – For maximizing effectiveness of your workouts
- Hemp Force – The best tasting and performing hemp protein
- Music Credit: Coolest Cat by Cran
How do you feel about passion and talent? Does Shawn’s message of doing your best despite what others think, resonate with you? Please share in the comments section below. Also, where do you think Shawn “shined” the most? In the Olympics or on Dancing With The Stars?