Did you know you could heal yourself from the worst cases of illness and physical pain without medicine or the use of a doctor?
Sounds crazy, right?
I’ve experienced this first hand and seen how powerful your mind can be in healing yourself (even in some extreme cases of broken bones, and energy sucking sickness).
I dive more into how I was able to heal myself, and how Dr. Lissa Rankin went from taking countless doses of medicine for years to being free from her “sick” issues completely.
I encourage you to have an open mind, and learn more about the scientific research presented by Dr. Lissa Ranking in episode 13 on how you can heal yourself.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Whether or not you believe that your mind has the power to heal your body is irrelevant for listening to this episode. I simply want you to know that this is some interesting (and scientific) information and when you finish listening you can take from it what you like.
Her book, Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof that You Can Heal Yourself is extremely interesting and well worth picking up a copy.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- All the terrible health problems Lissa was saddled with growing up
- How Lissa changed from skeptic to a believer that the mind can heal the body
- More about her transition from western medicine to a new age approach
- Where to find studies of people who should have died, but got better
- How to activate the bodies innate self-healing mechanisms
- A new perspective on the placebo effect
- How the no-cebo effect and the data behind it
- How our innate stress hormones can cause problems
- How the people from Roseto and how loneliness effects health
- That happy people live 7-10 years longer
- Optimists are 77% less likely to die from heart disease
- How and why to develop a gratitude practice
- Why “healing yourself is not for the faint of heart”
- The balance between common sense and self healing
- Ideas for modulation of stress responses to improve your help
- The 6 Steps to Healing Yourself
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Connect and Learn with Lisa Rankin – Website – Twitter – Facebook – TED
- Lissa and I met through Jonathan Fields (check him out!)
- Bernie Segal – Love Medicine and Miracles
- Spontaneous Remissions Project – NOETIC
- Bruce Mosleys Placebo Effect Experiment Study
- Learn about The Four Minute Mile
- Sonja Lyubomirsky – The How of Happiness
- Martin Seligman – Learned Optimism
- PREORDER SPECIAL – Mind Over Medicine
- Buy 1 book for access to the online 2 hour special with Martha Beck
- Buy 3 books gets access to the special and a four week tele-class series that she will be teaching on self healing techniques
- Music Credit: Love and Light – Pink and Purple Dots
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Have you ever had an experience where you healed yourself without medicine? I’d love to hear your experience in the comments section below. Or if you think this is all crazy talk, please back up with your scientific proof for the debate as I appreciate your comments either way. If you enjoyed this episode then Please leave us a Review on iTunes as well.