I’ve been really interested in getting quality sleep, as you might have noticed.
And it’s not just because my friends have been writing books about it lately.
It’s because I’ve noticed that what the experts are saying about sleep is TRUE.
It makes a massive difference in my productivity, emotional balance, athletic recovery, and overall happiness.
You may remember when I briefly interviewed Arianna Huffington, the founder of The Huffington Post, on The School of Greatness last year.
She had just written a book about thriving, and how important sleep was to that.
But this year she wrote an entire book on the science of sleep and how important it is.
So of course she had to come back on for a full episode.
I LOVED hearing what Arianna has learned from her own research about sleep. We dove into all the fascinating statistics as well as the real life applications of what she’s learned.
Whether you’re sleeping well or not, Arianna is here to set you right in Episode 317.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What is the science behind sleep and recovery time for athletes? (5:40)
- Is it more powerful to have vivid dreams or to not dream at all? (11:30)
- Do we know why we have nightmares? (12:23)
- Do you have any fears about the future? (25:56)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Arianna’s mother influenced her ideas about sleep early on (7:45)
- Why she is taking the “sleep revolution” to Millennials (10:15)
- How mental and emotional issues are linked to sleep deprivation (10:40)
- What is the MOST important thing to do before you go to bed (13:50)
- What sleep deprivation really feels like (15:50)
- Arianna’s ideal nightly ritual to do before going to sleep (16:58)
- How getting enough quality sleep is like driving in a Tesla (21:00)
- Why Arianna doesn’t like the word “balance” (23:35)
- Drowsy driving is now killing more people than drunk driving (28:43)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Sleep Revolution
- Amy Cuddy
- Sign Arianna’s change.org petition against driving drowsy
- Win a chance to spend a night sleeping in Arianna’s sleep paradise apartment in NYC
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Miles High by SANDR
You may also like these episodes:
- Arianna Huffington on Building an Empire and Her Key to Success
- Shawn Stevenson: 10 Ways to Sleep Smarter
- Train Your Body to Burn Fat and Enjoy Life with Mark Sisson
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Wow, Arianna is so convincing that sleep is a huge priority! What are you going to shift in your sleep routine after listening to her?