In case you missed it, I’ve written a book that comes out this fall.
I’m a little excited.
In fact, I’ve rarely worked so hard on something in my entire life.
I’ve been on the road all year prepping for the launch, meeting with press, networking, and hustling like a mad man to make it the best possible book release.
And today on The School of Greatness I’m sharing the first part of the story of how this book came to be.
The book itself is inspired by the podcast, and while I have been actually planning this book for 7 years, it wasn’t until last year that I finally figured out what to write about.
I wanted to pull back the covers on the story of how I’ve prepared for this book so that you can see the amount of effort, time, dedication, and work it takes to create something big.
And because I cannot wait to share with you what I’ve put so much of myself into.
Am I uncertain about how this is all going to go? Of course. Scared? Yeah. Excited? Hell yes.
But if I’ve learned anything over the past few years (and especially writing this book) it’s that vulnerability is power.
So welcome to Part 1 of the story of How to Write a Book in Episode 210, a solo round!
The School of Greatness Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The book that inspired me to write my book (years ago, when I was down at the bottom)
- That I spent 6 – 9 months on a book proposal that I didn’t end up writing
- Why I spent years developing a relationship with the book agent I wanted to work with
- What happened during the publisher bid process (amazing)
- That I’ve really taken 7 years to prepare this book
- What it’s been like to work with my publisher Rodale
- How many people I have working on my book team
- Why this process has been one of the hardest and scariest things I’ve ever done
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
Pre-order The School of Greatness!
You may also like these episodes:
- The Power of Clarity – 5 Steps to Achieving Any Goal
- The 10 Success Principles to Create an Abundant Life with Jack Canfield
- Tim Ferriss: Self-Talk, Visualization, and the Rituals for Success
Did you enjoy the podcast?
This is a story I’ve been excited to tell for a long time. I can’t wait to share the rest of the journey with you – stay tuned!