Tucker Max on Relationships, Fear of Monogamy and How to Shift From a Destructive Habit25 comments
This is part two of a two part interview with Tucker Max.
If you didn’t listen to the fist episode, check it out when you have a moment as it’s all about how to sell thousands of books and become a bestseller (like how he did hitting the New York Times list with three different books… at the same time!) This episode is completely different.
Here, we discuss the emotional backstory that drove Tucker to succeed. What he was really covering up with the alcohol, his writing topics, and all of the women in his life.
Tucker goes all the way from psychoanalysis, meditation, parent problems, lessons from his youth and much, much more. It’s all here. Real and raw and I’m excited for you to experience it.
Huge thank you to Tucker Max for joining us on this 85th episode on the School of Greatness.
The School of Greatness Podcast
“A great relationship makes you a better person.” – Tucker Max (Tweet)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How fame and money affected Tucker’s happiness
- The challenge and fear of being in a committed relationship
- How Tucker is using psychoanalysis to delve into his relationship issues
“I will be dead the time that I see a hot girl and don’t think anything sexy of them.” – Tucker Max (Tweet)
- Meditation and Psychoanalysis
- Why alcohol and women were a tool to deal with anxiety and how he’s shifted now
- What Tucker gets from his girlfriend that is worthy of monogamy
“I value her in the relationship more than a random sexual encounter.” – Tucker Max (Tweet)
- About Tucker’s childhood and how it effected his drive to succeed
- The emotional reasoning behind Tucker’s passion for reading
- The biggest lesson Tucker has learned from starting a committed relationship
- How to be expressive and think of others needs
- Plus much more…
“If you govern your life based on avoiding potential fear in the future, you will never do anything.” – Tucker Max (Tweet)
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Learn about happiness in 10 Percent Happier by Dan Harris
- About what Tucker learns from his Girlfriend from Rob Wolf’s Paleo & Mark Sisson
- Learn more about Travis Kalanick, the founder of Uber
- Learn about Tucker’s books which brought him to fame and fortune:
- Connect with the new Tucker Max:
- Music Credit: Revival by Felxprod
“The things that drive me to be great, where also things that were sabotaging me.” – Tucker Max (Tweet)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I was so grateful Tucker was willing to share about his past and the biggest lessons he has learned from it. What was the biggest thing that opened up for you when listening to this episode, and how did you connect with that to any area of your life? Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below, and share this with your friends online who you think might enjoy hearing this conversation.
“The only two things that matter in life are work and love. And I don’t mean your job, I mean the things you do that matter to other people.” – Tucker Max (Tweet)