Philosophy used to be something boring and heavy I had to study in school.
Only a few times when I saw an inspirational quote I recognized did I perk up in my desk and show interest during class.
What if you could learn philosophy in a way that is actually fun, practical and useful for your life now?
A way that could help you manage uncertainty, find the mentor of your dreams or help you understand the importance of obstacles and failure and learn why they are necessary for our success.
Enter Ryan Holiday.
He comes on The School of Greatness in this special episode to share his wealth of knowledge on how to integrate the ancient philosophy of stoicism to maximize your business and life.
The School of Greatness Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What exactly is Stoicism?
- The interplay between Emotional Intelligence and Stoicism
- Why perception of right and wrong is everything
- About the reality distortion field
- How to overcome obstacles
- Take Action
- Trust the Process
- How to change one’s relationship with failure
- The importance of feedback
- How Winston Churchill used contained failure against Nazi Germany
- What an A to Z thinker is and how to become that
- Ideas are abundant, excellent action is the limiting factor
- Using ancient philosophy to maximize will power
- Fascinating insight into the question, “which is more powerful, a wise mind or a big heart?”
- Wether someone can achieve great success in their career while having a great relationship
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Ryan’s Books:
- Fear of Failing? Explore the Lean Startup
- Simon Sinek’s response to the question of marriage (47min 50sec mark)
- Learn more about Amor Fati
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Connect with Ryan:
- Music Credit: Everlasting by Closed Eyes
What Obstacle Did You Overcome?
In the comments section below I want you to share your story. Your story about a major obstacle you’ve faced in your life that you felt was too daunting for you, but ended up being a blessing and a huge opportunity in the end. What was that challenge and what opportunity did you create from the obstacle? Please share below, and if you enjoyed this episode with Ryan then post it to your your friends on Twitter and Facebook.