I am stoked to bring you a second round of my good friend Ryan Blair on The School of Greatness.
If you were at Summit of Greatness this weekend, you heard him speak from stage and bring down the house.
You also might remember him from his previous episode on the show, back on Episode 107.
Even if you’ve never heard of him, you’re in for a treat.
Ryan is the CEO and founder of Visalus, a hugely successful multi-million dollar sports nutrition company.
He is also a #1 NYT bestselling author, a single dad, and a huge family man.
And he hasn’t always had it easy.
He just published a new book, which we dive into, about his rock bottom moments and how he turned them around.
As he told me in our conversation, he wanted to write this book to show others how they can do the same.
That’s just one of the things I love about Ryan – he’s always thinking about how to help more people.
Open your mind to hear what it takes to make it from the bottom to the top in Episode 388.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What was one of the biggest lessons you learned buying and selling Visalus? (3:11)
- What are the skills that make a great CEO? (5:58)
- What have you not forgiven yourself for? (7:15)
- Why do fathers disengage with things get really hard? (16:22)
- How do you teach your kid not to engage in materialism when you’re doing so well? (17:57)
- What’s the biggest challenge about being a leader of a big organization today? (21:55)
- Why do you say “don’t believe your own hype?”
- How has your definition of masculinity evolved? (31:05)
- What’s the biggest internal conflict you face daily? (41:11)
- Do you think it’s more challenging to have a loving intimate relationship as a big leader? (45:36)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Ryan identifies himself as socially awkward (5:21)
- What it’s like to have parents go through major mental injuries (10:01)
- Why women can be better leaders than men (28:01)
- How to get out of a hole when you’re in emotional pain (35:53)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Rock Bottom to Rock Star
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Monk That Sold His Ferrari
- Gerard Adams
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
- Check out Betterment to get up to six months of no fees on automated investing at https://www.betterment.com/greatness
- Music Credit: Prismatic by Zythian
You may also like these episodes:
- How a Gang Kid Becomes a Multimillionaire Entrepreneur
- How a Huge Vision Becomes Reality with Bryan Johnson
- Daymond John: The Power of Broke to Build Your Business
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Ryan is one of the nicest and smartest and hardest-working guys I know. What did you learn from him?