If you thought the last episode with Glennon Doyle Melton was powerful, you’re going to love this one.
Noah Galloway has been through hell . . . and he’s still going.
You might know him from Season 20 on Dancing with the Stars.
He’s the one who only has one arm and one leg.
He lost them in a horrible accident while serving as a soldier after 9/11.
Which led to a deep depression.
Since then he has turned into an incredible athlete, model, motivational speaker, and now author, just to name a few accomplishments.
But his first priority is his kids.
Pretty much, this guy is an incredible example of what is possible when a man chooses to embrace the hardships that come and make something good from it.
I loved meeting Noah, and we went deep in this interview.
We talked about what it’s like to experience depression as a man, to lose your life’s dream, to not be able to do the job you love, and to face emotional and physical pain.
And we talked about how to work through all of that by opening up.
I can’t wait for you to hear his story and insight in Episode 377 of The School of Greatness.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What do you wish more men understood about depression and how to manage it? (6:46)
- What are some daily actions people can do to remind them to move on? (9:55)
- Why did you love being a solider so much? (11:35)
- What was your definition of masculinity when you were a solider? (13:32)
- What is your definition of masculinity now? (13:47)
- Have you questioned your masculinity since losing your arm and leg? (14:59)
- How have your injuries changed your ability to care for the people in your life? (19:03)
- How do you handle your breakups? (30:14)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What was more depressing to Noah than losing his limbs (3:30)
- What the Al Bundy effect is (8:54)
- Why it’s scarier to get severely injured than to face death (10:48)
- How Noah and his dad bonded after his injury since his dad is missing a hand as well (18:21)
- The story of how Noah stayed in Alabama with his kids during Dancing with the Stars (22:01)
- Why Noah wouldn’t go back and prevent his injuries if he could (27:35)
- How his kids have been his inspiration to get out of depression (28:33)
- How women can help men move through depression (34:24)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
- Check out Betterment to get up to six months of no fees on automated investing at https://www.betterment.com/greatness
INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHICH CELEBRITY ENTREPRENEUR YOU ARE MOST LIKE? CLICK HERE
JOIN ME SEPT 29 – OCT 1 FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: LMAO by Ampyx
You may also like these episodes:
- Kyle Maynard: The No Excuse Approach to Success
- Amy Purdy: Turn Life’s Tragedy Into Triumph
- How to Overcome Fear on the Battlefield and In Life with Capt Dale Dye
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Wow, if Noah doesn’t inspire you to overcome challenges, I don’t know who will.