I think it’s safe to say we all want to burn fat, increase our energy, sleep like babies, and eat good food. Right?
But for many people this may not seem possible despite their best efforts.
Even if you are in great shape and workout every day, you probably deal with injuries, burn out, and low sleep.
That’s why I was so excited to talk to today’s guest on The School of Greatness, Mark Sisson.
At age 62, he is one of the leanest men I’ve seen and has incredible energy.
Mark is a decorated endurance athlete who used to race competitively in triathlon and qualified for the Olympic marathon team.
He has decades of experience in what works and what doesn’t when it comes to diet and workouts for optimal performance.
His bestselling books, The Primal Blueprint, are centered on the idea that when we get our bodies to burn fat instead of sugar or carbs, we function the way we were built to.
In our interview, Mark gave tons of great, actionable tips and explanations of how to train your body to do just this.
I loved his perspective and by the end of the interview I felt energized myself.
Listen up and take notes on how to make this simple but powerful shift in your body in Episode 314 with Mark Sisson.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What’s the most effective way to burn fat and still be strong? (7:40)
- Why does looking good naked motivate you? (15:47)
- What does a typical eating day look like for you? (17:00)
- Why don’t you need to drink a protein shake right after working out? (18:15)
- When do you know you’re over training? (48:02)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why you crave sugar so much (and what is happening in your body) (12:02)
- The truth about whether diet or exercise is more important when burning fat (13:40)
- The magic of eating collagen for athletic performance (24:24)
- Why “sleep when you’re dead” is such faulty logic (29:00)
- Mark’s nighttime routine that makes him sleep like a baby (30:07)
- Why it’s better to take a rest day than to push through a workout when you’re not feeling it (33:00)
- The reason to slow down in your aerobic training if you’re an endurance athlete (39:30)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Melood by Meizong
You may also like these episodes:
- Eating Raw and Living Your Passion with Fully Raw Kristina
- How to Live an Unreal Life: Burn Fat and Have More Sex
- The Truth About Burning Fat and Losing Weight with Yuri Elkaim
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Mark has so much energy and health flowing through him. I love his insight on how to thrive every day of your life.