It’s no surprise that one of the hottest topics in business today is social media.
No matter if you’re a solopreneur, a Fortune 500 company, an online business, a brick and mortar store – social media has become a huge part of marketing and brand recognition.
But despite it’s growing importance, there’s no official guide book on how to do social media right.
It’s still a learning game for everyone. When it’s done right, it’s amazing and can blow up a brand faster than anything else. When it’s done wrong, it can tank a brand’s image overnight.
So I wanted to finish up this mini series on building a business around doing what you love by covering this topic.
I’m not the end all be all expert (no one really is) but I’ve been building my own social media accounts for 9 years and have seen what works and what doesn’t.
I also believe that getting social media right, and using it to be in service to your audience, is one of the most impactful things you can do to grow your business the right way.
I’ve broken down this solo round in to 7 keys I follow in my own social media, and I’ve included a free download at the end with links to the top tools I use to run my accounts.
If you’re serious about social media for your brand or business, I highly recommend you take notes on Episode 446 on The School of Greatness.
The School of Greatness Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
The 7 Keys to Doing Social Media Right
- Focus on authenticity over perfection. People want to follow real people.
- Be consistent. People need to get to know you and that takes time and consistency.
- Find your voice and speak to your target audience. The people who stick around are your true followers.
- Don’t make it all about you! Give shout outs to people and brands you love and that you support. Be a curator.
- Play the long game. Be patient. It ALWAYS takes time if you want it to last.
- Give value. People will only follow you if you are giving back to them. Never take your audience for granted.
- Explore different media types. Find what works and amplify that.
Continue Seeking Greatness:
Download a free guide of the top tools I use to build and maintain my social media accounts
- The Rock
- Chalene Johnson
- Think Grow Prosper
- Check out Thrive and their amazing market of healthy food and lifestyle products at amazing prices. Get 1 month free membership and a free product by clicking the link below:
- Handle your bookkeeping like a pro with FreshBooks at https://freshbooks.com/greatness
- Music Credit: Moso by Hubba & Amanu
You may also like these episodes:
- Will Your Big Idea Make You Money?
- Top 10 Ways to Make Money Online (UPDATE)
- How to Create a 7 Figure Social Media Empire with Branden Hampton
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Who are your favorite social media accounts to follow? Tag them below 🙂