Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
Have you ever asked yourself why you feel so stressed all the time?
It’s pretty common these days to just assume a stress-filled life is the norm, especially if you’re an entrepreneur.
Today’s guest on The School of Greatness has known stress above and beyond the norm.
Amanda Enayati had to flee from her home country of Iran when she was a kid (without her parents), lived in the West Village in NYC during 9/11, worked as an attorney for years and then got late-stage breast cancer (while raising two small children).
Yes, that’s all for real.
So you can take her word for it when she says she knows about stress.
But what is incredible about Amanda (including what she has gone through) is her devotion to researching and teaching the best ways to understand and handle the stress that comes to all of us.
If you listened to the last episode with Todd Kashdan, you’ll really enjoy this interview as well.
Amanda shares some different and some similar ideas from Todd about how to use stress to your advantage and how to find healing from traumatic stress.
I know you’ll enjoy this conversation as much as I did in Episode 155 with CNN contributor and author Amanda Enayati.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Do you think major stress in your life was the cause of your cancer?
- Does every generation think that their generation is the most stressed?
- What are some beginner tips to help a Negative Nancy let go of stress?
- Why are athletes particularly good at harnessing stress?
- Why do you recommend people belong to a group?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What mattered to her when she got diagnosed with cancer:
- she needed to be who she was meant to be
- she didn’t want any strife with anyone
- The fact that life is suffering isn’t all bad
- “Suck-it-up-itude” – the attitude that failure isn’t an excuse to give up
- Serenity means that you have found what you are meant to do and you are sharing that with the world
- How the little whys behind what we do add up to the big whys
- Why we think of ourselves as so stressed out
- To re-frame your stress mindset:
1- Tell yourself better stories about what’s happening
2- Remember all stress isn’t the same
3- Re-draw the map of your stories and what they are telling you
- The problem with stress is a design issue
- Why kids need some stress to develop into happy, healthy adults
- The power of belonging and its ability to heal us
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Seeking Serenity: The 10 New Rules for Health and Happiness in the Age of Anxiety
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- Carol Dweck and Alia Crum
- James Pennebaker
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Scott Barry Kaufman
- FOLLOW AMANDA
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Zephyr by Headphone Activist
You may also like these episodes:
- Simple Ways to Overcome Stress from Unmet Expectations in Life with Christine Hassler
- Master Your Health and Become 20 Pounds Younger with Michele Promaulayko
- Lissa Rankin: How to Heal Yourself with the Power of Your Mind
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Amanda was speaking my language! She shared so many helpful ideas about how to manage stress better. What stuck with you?